Compensation for travel expenses in connection with a job interview or programme
If you are to attend a job interview somewhere other than where you live, you can receive compensation for the cost of travel and accommodation. If you take part in a programme or course somewhere else, you can also receive compensation.
Journeys to job interviews
If you are to attend a job interview, you can receive compensation for the cost of travel and accommodation if you
- are over 20 and are or risk becoming unemployed
- are registered with us as a job-seeker
- have difficulty finding work close to where you live
- can prove that the employer has invited you to visit them.
The following also applies:
- we must have assessed that the visit is necessary for you to be able to get the job
- the job must be advertised on Platsbanken or its equivalent in the EU or EEA country where you are looking for work. The job must also be advertised on Euro’s website.
Journeys when you take part in a programme
You can receive compensation for the cost of travel and accommodation if you
- are enrolled in one of our programmes
- are receiving vocational rehabilitation
- are undergoing an investigation before beginning a programme
- have to travel to and from us before a decision on the establishment programme.
If you take part in one of our programmes in a location to which you cannot commute, you can receive compensation for accommodation and additional costs for dual residence.
How do I book my journey?
- Remember that you must apply for compensation for travel and accommodation before you book your journey. Contact your local public employment service office or call us on 0771 416 416 if you wish to apply.
- We then decide on what compensation you are entitled to.
- We can help you book flights within the EU or EEA and train journeys inside Scandinavia. You book other journeys your self.
- After your journey you apply for reimbursement of any outlays. The simplest way is to use the e-service on your personal pages.
How to apply for reimbursement of your outlays
You apply for reimbursement monthly in arrears. How to apply:
- Log on to your personal pages using electronic identification.
- If we have decided that you are entitled to compensation, you will see the option “Ersättning för resa” [Apply for compensation for travel]. If you do not have any compensation to apply for you will not see this option.
- Click on “Ersättning för resa” and fill in your details according to the instructions in the e-service.
- When you have finished, sign the form using your electronic identification.
If you do not have a computer or electronic identification
If for some reason you cannot apply for compensation on-line, you can call us on 0771-416 416.
How much money do I receive?
- For daily journeys you can receive compensation for that portion of your travel expenses that exceeds 600 kronor per month or that exceeds the normal cost of daily commuting where you live.
- For a journey to a job interview you can at most receive 2,500 kronor.
- If you are to travel to and from us before a decision on the establishment programme, you are reimbursed for the entire cost.
- You can receive compensation of 110 kronor per day for accommodation but at most 2,400 kronor per month.
Questions and answers
How do I get my money?
It is Swedbank who handle the payments. If you have a bank account connected to your personal identity number, the money is deposited in that account regardless of which bank you use. Swedbank also send you an advice note with information about the payment.
If you do not have a bank account, the bank sends you a giro payment order by post instead.
I have received a giro payment order – can I have the money paid into my bank account instead?
If you have received a giro payment order and instead wish to have the next payment paid into your bank account, you must contact Swedbank. You can register your account via Swedbank’s website.
What do I do if I use my own car?
When you apply for reimbursement of your outlays you fill in the number of days you have travelled. Every travelling day is a return trip. You do not need to send in petrol receipts.
I have a disability and need an escort. Can my escort also receive compensation?
If you need an escort in connection with your journeys, your escort can receive compensation for their travel expenses and lost income and a subsistence allowance.